The Maintenance Supervisor provides supervision and coordination of the activities of maintenance, HVAC and janitorial staff engaged in a variety of duties which may include locksmith, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, inventory, and other building maintenance activities including applicable training of staff. The Maintenance Supervisor is a working supervisor who may perform tasks in a variety of the trades and is directly responsible for insuring the facilities equipment is properly serviced. The Maintenance Supervisor monitors maintenance requests and ensures that needed repairs are scheduled and completed. In coordination with the Property Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor assigns duties and assures work performance for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. As required, the Maintenance Supervisor assists in the evaluation of each worker's performance to ensure quality operations and also investigates accidents and prepares relevant reports.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- 10 years of experience in supervision and general maintenance.
- Experience on an apartment complex or similar setting.
- Supervisory and training experience.
- Working knowledge of HVAC procedures.
- Experience and/or formal training in HVAC and multi-unit property maintenance a plus.
- Satisfactory completion of Supervisory Training Program or be ability to complete applicable program within one (1) year of hire.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with residents, staff, and management.
- Must be in good physical condition including good eyesight and hearing.
Working Hours, Conditions and Atmosphere
- Working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break.
- Position may be assigned day, evening, night or weekend work schedule.
- Additional hours may be required during special events or emergencies.
- Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
- Strenuous physical labor and heavy lifting required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks board in office throughout day for all work needing to be completed.
- Ensures all maintenance requests are addressed thoroughly and timely.
- Supervises, reviews and inspects work of HVAC, Janitorial and Maintenance personnel. Ensure workers are efficient and completing work correctly.
- Ensures all vacated apartments are move-in ready. This may include repairs, painting, touch ups, tub refinishing, light replacements, filter changes, fixture repair/ replacement, and other items found upon inspection.
- Ensures HVAC worker knows what needs to be completed and handles work efficiently
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of apartments and buildings.
- Assists and performs carpentry, electrical and plumbing duties as required.
- Supervises and performs major maintenance and repairs. Assures compliance to all building codes.
- Ensures grounds are clear of debris and trash is disposed of.
- Inspects equipment in operation to assure proper functioning.
- Maintains maintenance and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Analyzes and resolves or assists in resolving work problems.
- Generates reports regarding the progress of all work.
- Assists in setting up Preventive Maintenance schedules.
- Performs weekly general building inspections and reports findings.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with Property Manager and Regional Managers involving the maintenance schedules of the facilities.
- Ensures all work is communicated to management throughout the day as tasks are completed using phone messaging.
- Ensures equipment room is kept in orderly fashion.
- Performs formal and on the job training and instruction of proper maintenance methods and procedures.
- Reviews and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Ensures contractors complete work as needed for the completion of job and reports progress and/or discrepancies to Property Manager.
- May operate computerized management systems.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by Property Manager or Regional Managers.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures necessary for improvement of operations in building maintenance.
- Assists as liaison between Property Manager and residents regarding scheduling of maintenance.
- Required to carry company phone while on duty.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this great opportunity, please submit your resume (in WORD format) to:Jobs.AugustaGA@ExpressPros.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Maintenance Supervisor”
Express Employment Professionals
Express was founded in 1983 and has more than 760 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express puts people to work, employing a record 500,002 people in 2015. Its long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. Express is committed to the vision of helping as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Our offices offer a full range of employment solutions, including evaluation hire, temporary staffing, professional search, and human resources, focusing on a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
For more information, contact us at 706-364-4473
Location/Region: Augusta, GA (US)