Responsible for assuring product quality through prevention-based quality initiatives including: audit inspections of finished goods, participation in defect identification and corrective action teams, and maintaining quality levels consistent with company goals.
* Inspects and documents results for all work-in-process components for compliance with customer-specified requirements. Communicates any non-conforming instances to shift supervision.
* Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all testing and measuring equipment used in the Quality and Manufacturing departments.
* Maintains documentation as required to comply with Customer and Company quality standards.
* Determines status of materials and releases for use if acceptable. Participates in teams with manufacturing staff to develop corrective action plans when out-of-conformance situations occur.
* Ensure that operators are qualified in the operation of equipment and inspection of parts.
* Understand and follow plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
* Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
* Maintains enforcement of and compliance with company policy and procedures.
* Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment. Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
* Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
* Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
* Maintains a good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
* Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
* Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
* With the team, work through Continuous Process Improvements as assigned or thought of to reduce waste, improve process, improve housekeeping and/or improve cost savings.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent computer capabilities, including MS Office.
* Interpersonal skills required to communicate in accurate manner to individuals and to the team to develop a cohesive group.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
* The ability to work independently and work as a grou
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Lifoam, Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam, and Yankee Candle. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.