Virgo Gambill Architects is a small, 34 year-old architectural firm in Augusta, GA. Our work includes exciting projects in the region, many of which have become local landmarks in the community.
VGA has steady work, a good backlog, a strong desire to do great work, openness to new ideas, and a desire for updated presentation and production skills. Typical projects types include healthcare (doctor’s offices and hospital work), churches (both contemporary and traditional), educational projects (k12 and higher education), civic projects, and office buildings. Some projects require more specialized design (museums, high rise, food storage, etc.).
VGA is looking for fresh minds, eager to grow personally and in the architectural profession. As a base, candidates should have a minimum of 5 years office experience, with additional years of office experience ideal. Familiarity of production in Revit and/or AutoCAD is required, with strong Adobe Creative Suites skills encouraged.
VGA offers exposure to all design phases, different types of projects, and the ability to have a large degree of autonomy. Typically, project managers both design and produce construction documents, allowing a high level of project involvement.
Does this fit your desires and skills? If so, let’s talk. If interested, please send a resume to Joe Gambill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few skills that make you a great candidate are:
· Develop project designs from the initial phases
· Develop appropriate construction documents with minimal involvement
· Meet with clients
· Be a exceptionally creative person
· Understand how building pieces parts go together
· Excellent organizational skills
· Manage multiple projects
· Make site visits during construction
· Create as-built drawings of existing buildings
· The drive to be a leader in the firm
· Manage in-house or remote teams of drafters
· Be happy, positive and friendly person
· Be enthusiastic about the work and the profession
· Write specifications
· Design to a budget
· Have excellent Revit skills
· Excellent presentation skills – both graphically and personally
· Represent the firm in the community
· Ability to bring work in is a plus