Athens law firm seeking professional, responsible, and detail-oriented individual to fill full-time paralegal position. Candidates should be able to work independently, manage time and deadlines appropriately, and take initiative to complete required tasks to keep office matters moving along.
Candidate should feel comfortable performing all of the following:
- Filing documents with the clerk of court in various courts across north Georgia
- Drafting documents like certificates of service, first drafts of discovery, affidavits, etc.
- Organizing, managing, and reviewing large sets of case-related documents
- Proofreading of documents for spelling errors, grammatical issues, etc.
- Witnessing of document signatures/ Notarizing documents
Job responsibilities are not limited to the above listed items.
- Paralegal certificate or bachelor’s degree
- Legal experience strongly preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to receive notary appointment
- Experienced with computers, including software like Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working in an office setting, answering telephones, greeting guests, and projecting a professional appearance to all visitors
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and market. Benefits include 401(k) and PTO.
Candidates must submit resumes with past work experience and related skills. Candidates must also submit (a) cover letter, and (b) writing sample. If you do not submit all required materials, then you will not be considered for the position. Email the cover letter, resume, and writing sample to carly@ johnsonmarlowe.com.