The Research Associate plans, conducts, and completes investigations under the supervision of the lead of the project. S/he participates in all aspects of research including data collection, organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, analysis and interpretation of basic data and assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned consistent with the below responsibilities)
· Plans, conducts, and completes investigations under the supervision of the head of the project.
· Participates in data collection and organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
· Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
· Maintains clear and accurate records, inventories and logbooks.
· Verifies and corrects data entry for research projects, supports senior staff in quality control and provides trouble shooting.
· Provides written updates to senior staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Master’s Degree required.
· Must have Human Subjects training completed.
· A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in research required.
· Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
None for this position.
· Proficient in MS Office suite of products (strong emphasis on PowerPoint), Publisher, Analyst Notebook.
· Previous knowledge of Wounded Warrior Operational support preferred.
· Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques.
· Familiarity with social science research methodology is required.
· Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to quickly assess varied situations and assist in development of solutions working with team members.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Self-starter requiring minimal supervision. Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals. Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to interpret and follow oral and written general and detailed instructions.
· Able to adapt to changes in schedules and job priorities.
· Able to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
· Able to read and interpret written information.
· Able to calculate mathematical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Able to analyze problems and develop viable solutions.
· Able to conduct research and reconcile inaccuracies and make appropriate corrections.
NOTE: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally or 20 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required. May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.
Office and clinical environment. Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
Provides research guidance to junior research staff.
9Line LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business(SDVOSB) committed to providing advocacy and support to our nation’s Wounded Warriors and their families. To accomplish this mission, 9Line has assembled a unique team consisting primarily of senior, retired, military-disabled veterans and military family members. The 9Line team has more than 125 combined years of military service in Special Operations as well as medical planning, operational, and clinical experience. The majority of the Wounded Warrior Advocates are retired senior military leaders who spent their careers devoted to the welfare of the Warriors and their families.
For more information about our organization and its capabilities, please visit www.9linellc.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free work place.