Contract Quality Engineer working in an Automotive Manufacturing environment with a company that develops and manufactures components, modules and complete systems for interior and engine bay as well as heatshields and underbody shields. The person in this role with work specifically with automotive carpets and felt liners manufactured with processes such as molding and waterjet cutting.
The Quality Engineer in Aiken, SC will be an Independent Contractor (1099 Contractor)
Responsibilities will include:
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for the APQP systems, coordinating, directing quality programs and activities related to QA guidelines
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
- Coordinate plant activities, and provide resources to manufacturing, maintenance and engineering and execution regarding designation of Special Characteristics, SPC, Process Capability, and DOE.
- Directly responsible for QIP (Quality Improvement Plan) data and meeting facilitation.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Prior German automotive OE experiences (direct OE or Tier 1 supplier responsibilities into German automotive OE).
- Bachelor's degree in technical or related field.
- ASQ Engineer Certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience dealing with Quality systems, procedures and practices for an automotive supplier in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of TS 16949 and APQP procedures and requirements.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus
Stratosphere Quality is a leading provider of quality assurance services to manufacturers of parts and components in industries such as automotive and medical device. We specialize in Sorting, Inspection and Rework projects. As a partner in quality, we work with suppliers and OEMs to identify the root cause of quality problems, minimize defects, improve quality, increase efficiency and reduce costs associated with quality issues.
We are proud to say that we promoted from within 58% of the time in 2017!
Stratosphere Quality does not just provide people to work sorting and inspection projects. We have trained teams who coordinate and monitor the activity of each project while working with the manufacturer to provide updates and reports. Each member of our team understands the cost of downtime, the need for accuracy and the demand for details in the fast paced world of manufacturing quality assurance. Stratosphere Quality is ISO9001 Certified for Quality Management Systems and ISO13485 Certified for Medical Devices.
Stratosphere Quality is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Aiken, SC (US)