Summary: Daily responsibility for the make-ready, operation and maintenance of a multicolor printing press. Direct the second press operator or helper assigned to same press.
- Responsible for the quality, color and registration of printed material.
- Properly read and interpret job instructions per the job ticket.
- Wash up press units.
- Set up and adjust press feeder, press units, coater and delivery.
- Preflight checklist against job ticket for accurate information.
- Mount plates, blankets, perform routine maintenance functions as directed.
- Complete required paperwork and record production data into GlobeTek as applicable.
- Notify Pressroom Manager or Shift Lead of worn/broken parts and mechanisms to maintain press in “fully functional” state of operation.
- Observe all company, site, housekeeping and safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Able to pass a color acuity test.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to use a ruler.
- Prior printing experience
- General mechanical ability.
- Good safety and attendance record.
- Able to work any shift including nights and/or weekends.
Fort Dearborn Company (FDC) is currently undergoing exponential growth. Joining our team can be the stepping stone to a remarkable career in packaging. You will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to customer intimacy, excellence and industry leadership. We offer challenging and rewarding careers with the opportunity for growth.
Fort Dearborn Company is a leading supplier of high-impact decorative labels for the beverage, food, household products, nutraceutical, paint and coatings, personal care, private label/retail and spirits markets. We specialize in a variety of solutions to fit our customer’s packaging needs. Our customers benefit from seamless migration across various label types and print technologies to best match their requirements. We are committed to Customer Intimacy and providing customers with value, service and the highest quality attainable. We deliver solutions designed to meet customer's needs and exceed their expectations every single day. Headquartered in Elk Grove, Illinois, the company has 16 locations in North America.
Location/Region: Fountain Inn, SC (US)