Summary: Set up and operate HP Digital Press. Responsible for preflight, color adjustments and manufacture of all digitally printed products. Responsible for completing visual and specification quality checks on each retain and continuously monitoring quality and press conditions. Responsible for press efficiency and minimizing waste. Responsible for all digital press maintenance & requisitioning supplies. Responsible for adhering to all safety and housekeeping standards.
- Sets-up job in accordance with Job Ticket and Product Specification documents. This includes pre-flighting files, making color adjustments, staging, and queuing.
- Responsible for completing Job Start-up Quality Sign-off including Specification and Visual Checks.
- Operates digital press to produce product in conformance with Customer Specifications while minimizing waste and maintaining press efficiency.
- Requisitions all supplies required to operate digital press and produce quality digital labels including inks, coatings, machine supplies, parts, and tools.
- Maintains and troubleshoots digital press and related equipment.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Responsible for contracting with local HP Service Professionals as needed.
- Responsible for completing Maintenance Request Forms for equipment needing repairs.
- Follows all Safety Guidelines for proper material handling, machine, and tooling use.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Reports any safety risks to Supervisor or Safety Team Representative.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Works closely with Digital Finishing Operators & Customer Service Rep
- Interacts with customers and suppliers, specifically HP Service Professionals
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented atmosphere
- Digital press operation and a minimum 1 year web and/or offset experience preferred.
- Computer prepress/preflight knowledge is preferred.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of process printing, color theory, and color management
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Knowledge of production materials, quality methods, and color standards
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Some travel may be required for training.
Fort Dearborn Company (FDC) is currently undergoing exponential growth. Joining our team can be the stepping stone to a remarkable career in packaging. You will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to customer intimacy, excellence and industry leadership. We offer challenging and rewarding careers with the opportunity for growth.
Fort Dearborn Company is a leading supplier of high-impact decorative labels for the beverage, food, household products, nutraceutical, paint and coatings, personal care, private label/retail and spirits markets. We specialize in a variety of solutions to fit our customer’s packaging needs. Our customers benefit from seamless migration across various label types and print technologies to best match their requirements. We are committed to Customer Intimacy and providing customers with value, service and the highest quality attainable. We deliver solutions designed to meet customer's needs and exceed their expectations every single day. Headquartered in Elk Grove, Illinois, the company has 16 locations in North America.
Location/Region: Fountain Inn, SC (US)