- Mount refuse truck body (roll-off, front loader, hook lifts and rear loaders) to bare truck chassis.
- Work with electrical, air and hydraulic systems in the mounting of truck bodies to the chassis.
- Fabrication techniques to weld, cut, bend and shape metal.
- Product specific information will be provided on the job.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
- Mechanical abilities a must.
- Strong base of general mechanical knowledge in medium and heavy duty trucks.
- Follow truck chassis electrical schematics and diagrams along with having knowledge of truck body electrical systems and their interface with chassis electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of basic mobile hydraulics and be able to follow a hydraulic schematic.
- Must be able to follow body manufacturer’s installation instructions and layout drawings to prepare a bare chassis for installation of a refuse body.
- Welding, torch/plasma cutting and metal fitting skills. Some of this can be learned and fine tuned on the job.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Follow directions from shop foreman of daily tasks.
- Current driver’s license.
- Degree in Mechatronics or other technical area.
- Experience in the refuse industry.
- Mechanical background.
With over 40 years of business in the refuse and recycling industry, Nu-Life Environmental, Inc. is a leader in the refuse equipment industry. Nu-Life Environmental offers a full range of sales and service for all refuse equipment needs. Located minutes from Greenville, SC, the area offers a low cost of living, many local and national entertainment venues, is close to many outdoor recreational areas and is a great place to raise a family.