Construction Superintendent Job Description May 2018
Hartness Development, Inc. (HDI) is seeking a full-time Construction Superintendent to assist in the creation of Hartness, a 440-acre master-planned Traditional Neighborhood Development located in Greenville, South Carolina. This walkable community will consist of over 700 homes in a variety of architectural styles and types, a 180-acre nature preserve and a mixed-use village center with restaurants, retail shops, offices and civic spaces.
HDI hires numerous contractors to install public infrastructure (storm drains, water, sewer, utilities, roads, sidewalks, etc.) and to build a variety of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, mixed-use commercial buildings, landscape/hardscape elements, amenity buildings and park structures. HDI also coordinates with the community property manager for all aspects of building and common area maintenance at Hartness. In addition, HDI has created a sister company, Hartness Construction, LLC, to speculatively build single-family homes for sale in the community, as well as manage the Hartness builder group for all residential construction.
The Construction Superintendent must have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time and operate efficiently in a fast-paced and changing environment. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office software and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Job responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Work with the HDI and Hartness Construction team to oversee infrastructure, landscape/hardscape, light commercial and residential construction projects from start to finish.
- Daily supervise on-site construction personnel and activities.
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors as needed.
- Distribution and management of construction drawings and technical information.
- Provide quality control and ensure conformance with contract documents.
- Coordinate contractor scheduling and provide weekly reports on work progress.
- Support the architectural review process by performing periodic construction observations for residential and commercial buildings.
- Assist the property manager to ensure proper and timely maintenance of amenity buildings and common areas.
- Oversee jobsite safety and cleanliness.
- Enforce compliance with Hartness construction guidelines.
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management, architecture or civil engineering (or qualifying work experience in one or more of these fields).
Work Experience: 10 years minimum in a combination of subdivision infrastructure, site work, light commercial and residential construction. OSHA certification preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits and performance-based bonuses. Potential opportunity for career advancement into project management.