This position is responsible for fabrication / assembly of standard and complex cabinets, custom fixtures, or wood-surfaced assemblies for installation in retail environments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Function Responsibility – Sr Cabinetmaker
· Fabricates complex high quality fixtures and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using stationary and hand held-tools.
· Match materials for color, grain, and texture
· Set up and operate woodworking machines to cut and shape parts from wood stock
· Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools
· Glue, fit, and clamp parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit
· Sand and scrape surfaces and joints of articles to prepare for finishing
· Apply, file, and finish plastic laminate
· Interprets material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
· Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
· Use material tracking system to create parts demand, track ordering of material, and ensure project moves forward within material tolerances.
· Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment to be successful at MMI
· Ensure a safe work environment by overseeing compliance with all safety policies
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
· Be able to interact with vendors, construction employees, and different levels of management
· Must possess a valid driver's license to drive a company vehicle.
· Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures of MMI
· Strict adherence to policies and procedures as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
· Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers with other duties as required.
· High School Diploma / GED
· 6+ years of experience in cabinetmaking or fixture construction
· A valid State driver's license
· Knowledge/Skill Requirements
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Excellent communications skills
· Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and documentation skills
Mark Michaels, Inc. (MMI) is a full-service commercial millwork manufacturer focusing on serving Regional and National Brands, along with the General Contractor community, since 2004. Committed to quality, service and safety, our people and systems enable us to design, manufacture, and install millwork projects ranging from a full concept roll-out to a one-time project. With a dedication to customer service and continued improvement, MMI has become a preferred millwork vendor to large and small business clients alike letting our team work within a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a larger enterprise.