Summary of Responsibilities:
The Audit Staff Accountant is the team member who performs the majority of the day-to-day fieldwork on accounting and auditing engagements. The Audit Staff Accountant supports the Firm’s goals and values through all professional communication and maintenance of positive working relationships.
1. Becomes familiar with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms and relevant software.
2. Performs audit review, compilation or accounting procedures as assigned by supervisors.
3. Documents understanding of accounting systems and transaction flows, reviews and tests internal controls.
4. Understands basic business environment and performs basic analytical procedures.
5. Prepares working trial balance and adjusting journal entries.
6. Prepares work papers or performs tests to support attest function.
7. Prepares and reconciles account schedules as required.
8. Prepares, mails and controls confirmation requests.
9. Assists with gathering supplies, files and equipment to support fieldwork.
10. May be responsible for documenting engagement planning.
11. Contributes to the development of management letters.
1. Develops personal priority goals and adheres to the goals.
2. Participates in community involvement.
3. Begins to enhance sales, writing, communication, interpersonal and other human relation skills.
4. Possesses an understanding of the economics of the audit and accounting business and its relation to the firm.
5. Supports departmental goals, policies and guidelines.
7. Actively pursues CPA certification by sitting for all scheduled exams (if not completed already).
8. Participates in other administrative activities or other duties as requested by the Partners, Directors and/or Managers.
Education and Licenses:
Bachelor's degree required.
JS Deemer Dana LLP is a full-service certified public accounting firm with offices in Duluth, Dublin, Sandy Springs, and Savannah, Georgia. Our firm offers traditional services in accounting, auditing and taxation as well as consulting services. We are committed to creating value in each relationship by providing personal attention and professional resources to each of our clients. Our specialties include audit and compliance work for financial institutions, the post-secondary education sector, the architecture/engineering/construction industry, employee benefit plan audits and the governmental and nonprofit arena.
TJS Deemer Dana LLP was formed on January 1, 2014, through the merger of two Georgia accounting firms: Deemer Dana & Froehle LLP, based in Savannah with an office in metro Atlanta and TJS & Company PC, located in Dublin, Georgia.
Today our staff of professionals combine business expertise, specialized industry knowledge, and the support of RSM US LLP to best serve our clients. All firm members strive for one common goal both inside and outside the office: to create value in each relationship.
Location/Region: Dublin, GA (US)