Position Summary (Primary Function)
The Ramp Agent I performs ramp, customer and warehouse service functions related to aircraft operations serviced by the Commercial Aviation Services Division. The Position also performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the Shift Lead and/or their Supervisor.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Interacts with customers, flight crew, District team members and other operational contacts in a courteous, professional manner.
- Services aircraft associated with Commercial Aviation Services Division (CASD) ramp operations.
- Participates in aircraft marshaling/movement.
- Loads/unloads baggage, cargo and Unit Load Devices (ULDs).
- Cleans and services aircraft interior and lavatories.
- Stocks aircraft with needed supplies.
- Participates in warehouse operations.
- Loads/unloads trucks.
- Processes freight paperwork.
- Screens freight as appropriate.
- “Builds”/”breaks” palletized loads.
- Weighs ULDs.
- Services passengers associated with CASD contracted flight operations.
- Checks passengers in for flight.
- Boards Passengers for departure.
- Performs other functions to facilitate CASD serviced flight operations.
- Maintains safety and security of the ramp at all times.
- Operates ground service equipment including but not limited to:
- Baggage/cargo tractor
- Belt loader
- Cargo loader
- Lavatory Cart
- Potable water cart
- Performs equipment checks and notifies shift lead of discrepancies.
- Refuels aircraft from time to time.
Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by their Shift Lead and/or their Supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, standards and procedures.
Experience in the airline industry preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to safely and efficiently operate powered industrial equipment.
- The ability to use a personal computer, with skills in Microsoft Windows, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to secure and maintain GSP airfield driver privileges.
Certifications Required (Must have or be willing and able to obtain)
- Haz-mat certification
- Other appropriate certifications required by the FAA and/or the TSA
- Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lift items weighing 70 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
- Exposed to normal aviation environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US - 29651)