The Quality Engineer is responsible for the APQP systems - plans, coordinates, and directs quality programs and activities designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
- Provide Leadership, discipline, and support to ensure the highest safety, housekeeping (5S), and professionalism within the Quality department.
- Coordinate plant activities, and provide resources to manufacturing, maintenance and engineering and execution regarding designation of Special Characteristics, SPC, Process Capability, and DOE.
- Directly responsible for QIP (Quality Improvement Plan) data and meeting facilitation.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to CCC requirements.
- Oversee annual review/update of Flow Charts, Process FMEA, and Control Plans.
- Directly responsible for all TS quality documentation.
- Directly responsible for Hourly Quality Technicians.
- Ensure the PPAP process is initiated internally and externally, as defined in the AIAG PPAP manual.
- Responsible for LPA (Layered Process Audit) program (ie. training, scheduling, tracking, and follow-up actions to non-conformances).
- Conduct Layered Process Audits, per required schedule.
- Directly responsible to keep updated on customer APQP requirements (ie CAR, LPAs, etc.).
- Act as a Liaison between the plant and customers on product quality issues.
- Directly responsible to initiate CARs and facilitate CFT meetings to ensure closure in a timely manor (All open CARs to be tracked in the QIP meeting).
- Coordinate activities regarding Control of Non-conforming Product and Rework Product, including customer rejection/returns.
- Develop/Implement/Manage lab testing activities for incoming product(s) and all third party tests as required.
- Maintain and perform calibration systems for Control of inspection, Measuring, and Test Equipment.
- Maintain calibrations for master calibration instruments.
- Develop/Implement/Schedule/Track monthly Control Plan auditing program.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with quality requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality policies
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Directly responsible for updating R&R samples used for production qualification procedure.
- Implement/Support a 100 product audit (random quality checks included but not limited to part quality and packaging specifications) program.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly ROB spreadsheet 100 product audit score.
- Responsible for monthly BOS information related to Quality.
- Develop and conduct training modules for the Oregon University program (inc but not limited to APQP systems).
- Attend Daily morning meeting, Facilitate weekly QIP, New Business/Model Launch CFT meeting, and monthly Town Hall and BOS.
- Ensure compliance with all related TS16949 and ISO-14001 policies and procedures.
- Participate in all plant wide communications.
- Assist other plants, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or related field.
- ASQ Engineer Certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience dealing with Quality systems, procedures and practices for an automotive supplier in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of TS 16949 and APQP procedures and requirements.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (a plus)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Basics math skills are required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient in MS Office software (inc. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Lotus notes.
- Travel is required, by car or air, to visit customers and manufacturing locations.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Location/Region: Aiken, SC (US)