Mergon Corporation currently has an exciting and challenging role for a Maintenance Manager. This role is responsible for all aspects of technical support to ensure efficient and effective running of production.
The Role – Key Priorities
- Lead a technically equipped team in mechanical, electrical and robotic problem solving
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on blow moulding machines and adjustments to blow moulding process to ensure good production
- Partnering with Production and Quality teams to ensure effective management of equipment downtime and speedily resolutions of any issues
- Supporting product, process and equipment analysis and improvement projects
- Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring.
- Provide support and programming for PLCs, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
The successful candidate should have a relevant Trade or third level qualification with further studies in automation/robotics. Minimum of 10 years experience within Maintenance role in manufacturing environment with blowing molding experience required.
Mergon Group is a leading supplier of innovative plastic blow molded and injection molded products to world class customers in the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors. The Group has manufacturing operations in the US, Ireland and the Czech Republic. Mergon offers a competitive benefit package, growing work environment and opportunity for advancement. Mergon has been awarded multiple new projects in our automotive production area, and has a need to fill this new position.
Location/Region: Anderson, SC (US)