The Quality Technician is responsible for the validation and performance of all in-process and Quality gauging. This position will be responsible for ensuring all gauging is up to production standards, assist engineering, conduct Quality Audits and document data per established procedures. The Quality Technician must follow all procedures along with strict adherence to the Quality System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
· Adhere to all Safety Principles.
· Adhere to all Quality System Standards.
· Proficiently Inspect material using various measurement devices including calipers, micrometers, height gauge, thread plug gauges, thread ring gages, PC-Dmis & Calypso CMM, Comparator, Surface Finish and steel rule.
· Operate, program, edit and troubleshoot the PC-Dmis and Calypso Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) to verify specifications.
· Document and analyze all required measurement data.
· Prepare required written documentation, i.e. First Article Inspection reports, Product Acceptance Records, Nonconforming Material Reports.
· Participate in Safety, Quality, MRB, Control of Non-Conforming Material and Delivery improvements.
· Conducts and documents gauge audits, establishes use and life cycles.
· Conducts gauge verifications, calibrations, minor repair and Production/Quality operator gauge use training.
· Maintains Gauge Data Base
· Assist Engineering in new process validation and complex measurements as required.
● Ability to read and understand Safety Rules, Standard Operating Procedures, and Forms.
● Ability to read and proficiently interpret engineering drawings including dimensions, geometric tolerance, part list, and revision changes.
● Must have Metrologist, Gauge technician and or Quality Technician background.
● Ability to operate, program and edit PC-DMIS and Clypso Coordinate Measurement Machine Programs.
● Must be able to correlate and determine alternate gauging.
● Ability to use common measurement tools, i.e. calipers, micrometers, Height gauge.
● Ability to use common hand and power tools.
● Ability to complete routine forms, i.e. Quality Inspection Report, Non-Conforming Material Report. and Quality Alerts
● Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
● Ability to apply problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and implement corrective action.
● Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Stand several hour at a time
● Must be able to kneel, bend, crouch and reach.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Two years quality Technician or Metrologist experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.