Administrative duties include but are not limited to: answering telephone, triage, greeting patients, updating and filing patients’ medical records, insurance verification, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, registering new patients and assisting with form completion, retrieving charts, entering patient data and demographics into computer database, performing various typing requests. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints. Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements. Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit. Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Primary Care Physician, also prepares information for the collection agency. Translates, as required, for the staff. Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Knowledge of business office procedures.
4. Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
5. Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
6. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
7. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
10. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
11. Minimum of 5 years of experience