Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
Reports To: Plant Manager
Grade/Level: High School Diploma or GED
Amount of Travel Required: 5-10%
Work Schedule: 1st shift Monday thru Friday 6:30am. - 3:00pm. Must be flexible. Shift meetings will take place before the start of all 3 shifts
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution, and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review plans and confer with research and support staff to develop new products and processes.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new Associates, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Plan and direct activities such as promotions and coordinating with other department heads as required.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Four to five years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Sense of Sound (10Db)
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (All ACM Requirements)
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is rarely exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to high temperatures. The Associate occasionally will be exposed to vibration. The Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts with repetitive motions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and dust levels may be high