GA-based Outside Sales Representative (OSR) with manufacturing background and training provided -Amcor Polymer & Additive Division.
Amcor, Inc., a global manufacturer in the plastics industry, is expanding and looking for an individual with a can-do attitude and desire to deliver results by driving new business in a fast-paced, high-energy, customer focused environment.
The OSR role is part of the company's Polymer & Additive Division which provides blowing agents, additives, and proprietary compounds to multiple markets such as Polystyrene foamers nationwide. The OSR will focus on acquiring new customers and business by introducing the Division's products to target customers in order to solve their specific problems. Product introductions will generally involve an evaluation of customer's needs, sharing of technical information, trials at customer sites and working with the customer's decision making unit. Successful OSRs will drive the top line to meet or exceed sales goals, while maintaining profitability based on company parameters. The role, based at Amcor's headquarters in Thomson, GA (broader Augusta region) is best suited for candidates who are interested in outstanding professional and earnings growth. For more information visit: www.amcorplastics.com
- BS/BA from a 4-year college/university
- At least 5 years of outside sales or manufacturing experience with technical industrial products to OEM customers and a documented track record of success-strong preference within the plastic industry.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels combined with a customer service mentality.
- Outgoing personality with positive attitude that must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good with data analysis in order to determine trends regarding historical sales/production, product purchases/output and buying/purchasing patterns.
- Strong reporting, communication and organization skills.
- A desire to achieve results and naturally overcome obstacles.
- Must live or relocate to within 100 miles of Thomson, GA.
- Develops new customers through proactive prospecting in target markets based on research, outreach including cold calling, referrals, information sharing, 'customer problem identification', product trials, etc. to develop relationships and turn prospects into satisfied customers. Applies effective time management to those activities.
- Services and grows existing accounts by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers, understanding their business and purchasing needs, developing sales strategies to gain customer's understanding of company's products/services/capabilities and closing additional business.
- Communicates and coordinates daily with internal sales team and provides activity reports to management on the status of customer development and new sales opportunities.
- Minimum 75% travel, including overnight stays, to meet customers and prospects.
- Must be willing to "roll up sleeves" and work in a production environment on a regular basis during initial 2-6 month on-boarding period in order to learn company's products, production processes and equipment technologies.
- Maintain and develop product and technical knowledge within the plastic industry.
- Assist with commercializing new products.
- Contribute to the overall team effort and other sales related duties may be assigned.
Amcor, Inc., offers a competitive base salary plus variable compensation, company car, laptop/cell phone, complete health benefits package, 401(k) matching, and vacation/holiday benefits. EOE
Amcor, Inc. is a diversified, internationally active, privately held, manufacturer and supplier to the global plastics industry. The company was founded 25 years ago and has grown consistently by following a simple yet powerful philosophy: to solve customers problems and challenges. Today, the company has several divisions which are run entrepreneurially and have positioned the company for the next level of growth both domestically and in international markets.