A&D Environmental Services provides comprehensive environmental services to industries of all types. Every employee is instrumental in the success of our company and defined goals. We are eager to incorporate members into our team who are ready to bring their value-added solutions, creativity and efforts to grow their career and contribute to our vision!
We are currently hiring Heavy Equipment Operators based out of our Lexington, SC service center.
- Operates company vehicles in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies. Operates heavy equipment including, but not limited to: backhoes, road graders, front-end loaders, hydraulic excavators and skid steer loaders.
- Works with and assists in excavating contaminated soils and/or trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, excavator, road grader or front-end loader.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Operates light equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum equipment, oil spill booms and generators.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to cleaning chemical and water spills, biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic) industrial tools including pressure washers.
- Works with vibration-producing tools including jack hammers, air-chisels etc.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions (including extreme heat and cold) while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment
- Works in atmospheres and physical locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise level environments and confined spaces.
- Performs duties at various elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters and other electronic equipment.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management and required by the needs of the Company
- Demonstrated to operate heavy construction equipment of all types.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks and various other containers.
- Ability to wear and properly use a variety of Level A, B, C and D personal protective equipment (PPE) including respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Ability to work extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods. In emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours up to 24 continuous hours including weekends and holidays. Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a condition of employment is that the employee be available on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Valid Drivers License with clean motor vehicle record
- Must be able to work flexible hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary
- Must be willing to travel up throughout the Southeast U.S.
A&D Environmental Services provides a diverse range of responsible, accountable services that reduce risk and deliver peace of mind to the customers, communities, and consultants we serve. With our industry expertise and broad-based experience, we are a "one-stop shop" that can manage environmental issues of virtually any size and scope.
Location/Region: Lexington, SC (US)