POSITION: TRACK INSPECTION SYSTEMS OPERATOR/ANALYSTWe are looking for a highly intelligent and motivated Track Inspection Systems Operator/Analyst to support the growth of our North American business unit. Your primary responsibility will be to analyze and report on track geometry data. You will also be responsible for conducting user level maintenance on the inspection system (i.e. calibration and troubleshooting). As a member of our team you will assist with this new project, as well as working on multiple other existing projects.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Validate data collected by track measuring and inspection systems using brush charts.
- Identify and report railway defects to Survey Director and customers.
- Field service, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair (user level) of equipment on railway vehicles.
- Field calibration and testing of track inspection systems on railway vehicles. This includes Class 3b infrared LASERs and high speed cameras.
- Domestic (and possible international) travel as part of a team on rail test car for extended periods of time.
- On occasion, be willing to travel independently with test car when in autonomous mode.
- Maintain a high level of track safety awareness.
- An Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering Technology or similar STEM field is preferred. Equivalent technical training is acceptable.
- Prior experience in the railway industry, preferably in the track inspection sector, is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel for extended periods in excess of 50% of the time.
- A strong aptitude for computer operations.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently when needed.
- Ability to obtain and keep a Department of Transportation security clearance.
- Travel domestic and possibly internationally (i.e. either have or be able to obtain a passport).
- MERMEC Inc. is a drug free workplace and works with railroad contracts and job sites that require drug testing.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)