The Medical Lab Technician I performs clinical laboratory testing by receiving specimens, preparing samples, and reviewing chromatography data.
- Follows lab procedures for specimen handling and processing, reporting and maintaining records.
- Adheres to all lab quality control policies and documents all quality control activities.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA regulations and requirements at all times.
- Follows established safety standards and procedures and complies with legal regulations.
- Performs equipment maintenance as directed.
- Performs specimen processing and preparation according to SOPs.
- Performs data analysis using LC/MS/MS methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned by general supervisor.
- Reports to work on time for all scheduled shifts and completes entire shift.
- Associate degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Lab Technology from an accredited institution and ASCP certification preferred; Minimum of 1 year medical lab experience.
- Ability to work independently with detail and accuracy. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with clinical staff.
Physical Demands and Conditions:
Clinic/Group Medical Practice environment with exposure to communicable disease or body fluids. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
About this company
Location/Region: Greenville, SC