Travel: Approx 50-70%
The Business Development and Training Manager will have responsibility for creating new sales opportunities with existing and new accounts throughout the U.S. This will include building strong relationship and providing training or other support functions required by the customer.
· Identify and research possible account opportunities within various interior decorating segments that would be strategic fits for Carole’s product offering.
· Be the point of contact for specific support needs for assigned accounts, including problem resolution, pricing discrepancies, training needs, etc. Prompt follow up a must.
· Schedule, plan, and lead plant tours within our Augusta, GA, facility for account base and prospects.
· Provide associate training for large customers as needed or requested by accounts.
· Be the “account expert” within Carole Fabrics, understanding the respective customers’ systems, specific needs, and supplier requirements.
· Identify competitive threats within customer base and seek proactive means of growth.
· Create account analytics to understand trends, opportunities, and threats to growth and profitability.
· Be a key part in negotiating terms, pricing, and other aspects of the customer experience.
· Seasoned sales professional, with 3 to 5 years in the interior textiles industry or related experience. Experience in window coverings a strong plus.
· Track record of creating growth, both within existing customers and through greenfield account expansion.
· Must be a tireless advocate for the customer, with a pro-active mindset and a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
· Available to travel nationally as needed by customers.
· Strong presentation and communication skills a must.
· Must have strong analytical competence to develop, understand, and act upon KPMs for each account.
· Competence in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.