Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
This role is located within our Watertown office and is based within our Global Technical Operations team here at Mimecast. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated and a strong team player. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced and agile environment that is regularly evolving.
* Help to develop global standards and promote best practices in data centre operations
* Introduce process improvements and encourage best practices in data centre operations
* Document standards and processes within the data centre. Create full sets of documentation around projects and work at the data centre.
* Define workflow and communication systems for data centre activities
* Troubleshooting/Fixing Hardware issues on Servers
* Racking Servers (HP Proliant or Similar) in data centres
* Drive specifications for tools that facilitate administration of servers spanning multiple data centres, to include automation and streamlining of processes
* Racking networking equipment such as switches and firewalls.
* Managing hardware Procurement for all the server hardware that goes into our worldwide data centres.
* Track server/network assets through deployment lifecycle.
* Maintain accurate reporting and auditing capability for all assets within the data centre.
* Provide cross-functional communication with other technical operations groups.
* Participating in conference calls / meetings with vendors / suppliers / other team members on a regular basis
* Handle incoming shipments
* Work closely with other data centre engineers worldwide
* Respond to out of hour emergency calls and work on weekends in case of emergency only
* RMA Management with different vendors
* Involved in provisioning/deploying OS on servers
* Assist in tracking data center issues and keeping Mimecast servers alive and serving
* Send day to day reports to team on hardware monitoring
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Basic Knowledge of Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Especially Word and Excel)
* Knowledge of computer hardware
* Manual handling involved but in line with H&S regulations and heavy lifting equipment available
* Strong verbal and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
* Able to work in Noisy environment like a data centre
* Participate in an on-call rotation to address data centre incidents
* Knowledgeable in data centre best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing etc)
* Advanced experience working with heterogeneous server/network hardware failures and Linux OS
* Experience working in a multi-vendor data centre environment
* Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
* Comfortable with Linux and hardware systems support in an internet operations environment.
* Should be experienced in data centre hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, life cover, childcare vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company, which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have ''that extra something'' and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
Location/Region: Lexington, SC (US)