POSITION IS LOCATED AT MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY IN MONTCLAIR, NJ
U.S. News & World Report listed Montclair State among the top 200 national universities in the country in their 2018 rankings.
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
This position is the Culinary Leader for one of Chartwells largest accounts in New Jersey. Enjoy culinary creativity delighting the students and Faculty with fresh, energizing, amazing meals. Enjoy being 12 minutes from New York City in a beautiful rural setting where the main campus sits on 252 acres of land, with a solid quality of life.
- Develop high culinary standards for our retail, board meals, dining and catering operations
- Create relationships with Celebrity Chefs to position Chartwells as a culinary leader
- Train, develop and provide inspirational leadership to local culinary team
- On the campus, lead Corporate Social Responsibility, food seasonality, health/wellness and high-quality culinary arts
- Analyze ongoing performance and trends in the local Chartwells operation and devise and lead improvements
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and explains same to customers accurately
- Culinary degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
- Three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events, from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, departmental, customer and associate levels
- ServSafe® Certified preferred
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today! Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Requirements: Career Level Management (Manager/Director)
Sector Chartwells Higher Ed
Areas of Interest Foodservice - Hotels/Conference Center, Foodservice - Restaurants, Foodservice - Education, Foodservice - Healthcare, Foodservice - Retail, Foodservice - Sports/Entertainment
Education Associate’s Degree/2 Year College
Locale New Jersey-Montclair, United States (US)
Preferred Language English
About this company
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group North America is a family of companies building experiences for all of our customers. We serve award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US)