Position Summary (Primary Function)
Responsible for performing the duties required for the administration of the Airport Environs Area. Also, handles special projects as assigned including but not limited to drafting language and requirements for request for proposals and lease agreements; developing commercial business, land development, marketing documents, plans, and presentations based on thorough research; and responsible for the planning, development, oversight, and implementation of department/program specific special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Oversees the administration of the Airport Environs Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Advises the local zoning authorities on questions of interpretation of the terms and provisions of the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport Environs Area Zoning Ordinance.
- Prepares reports for the Airport Environs Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with a variety of individuals including staff, architects, contractors, engineers, developers, and the general public.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with a variety of individuals in controversial and stressful situations.
- Meets with community groups and members of the public, as directed.
- Represents the department at public hearings and makes presentations, as directed.
- Conducts complex studies and prepares reports.
- Performs departmental and project specific analyses.
- Assists in the formulation of the annual departmental budget.
- Assists with preparing and presenting high quality, accurate District reports.
- Participates in special projects in a variety of ways depending on the coordination required with other departments and tenants.
- Develops and maintains computerized databases.
- Develops presentations as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, and Ability)
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: airport management, business administration, public administration, real estate, urban & regional planning, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ work experience in the practice of commercial business development, real estate development, or urban & regional planning preferably in an airport environment.
- Strong background in public administration a plus.
- Demonstrated customer service capabilities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and web searches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; capability for analytical thinking, dynamic presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strategic and tactical thinker.
Valid SC Driver’s Licenses
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand – Little physical effort required. Some light lifting, carrying, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, stooping and kneeling requirements necessary up to 20% of the time. Sitting required 80% of the time.
- Mental and or Visual Demands- Mental and visual demands vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to monitor work flow and respond efficiently.
- Travel – Limited overnight/out of town travel required.
- Attentiveness to work procedures will reduce potential risk of minor injury in certain work areas.
- Exposed to normal office environment and limited industrial environment.
- Accidents unlikely outside of minor injury such as abrasions, cuts or bruises.
Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US - 29651)