Position Summary (Primary Function)
Responsible for commercial business development of all aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenue business. Oversees and leads business development, market research, and leasing of airport facilities, land, and services. Promotes the airport locally, nationally, and internationally. Responsible for the development and implementation of both short and long term strategic commercial business development plans for the District. Develops and grows all airport revenue bases, which may include but not be limited to concessions, commercial properties, real estate development, cargo and FBO customers, as well as ground transportation and parking strategies.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Establish short and long-range goals for business development projects by identifying and prioritizing development opportunities to maximize aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues and increase customer satisfaction.
- Leverage industry expertise, best practices, and key business drivers in the development of all short and long range plans and define results.
- Identify and capitalize on business opportunities, both short and long-term.
- Maintain flexibility to adapt priorities based on changing business needs.
- Execute the assigned strategic plan goals for the District.
- Establish and implement strategy to attract new commercial business operators, retain and secure growth from existing aeronautical and non-aeronautical tenants.
- Seek and secure cargo customers and users.
- Seek and secure general aviation/corporate customers and users.
- Develop and implement various pricing strategies for District revenue bases.
- Oversee the implementation of commercial business programs and projects.
- Represent the District as the business development leader by advocating, communicating, and supporting the strategic direction, priorities, goals, vision, mission, and values of the District.
- Interact with developers, real estate professionals, business and property owners, lenders, community groups, legal counsel, elected officials, and citizen groups concerning development projects.
- Oversee and follow the policies and procedures of the District with regard to the negotiation, preparation, and processing of agreements.
- Oversee the contract and lease development process for use of airport property or the operation of a business enterprise on airport property.
- Oversee the business provisions of airline, concessions, rental car, and non-aeronautical agreements.
- Develop quality standards and apply those standards to agreements and policies to ensure that business partners meet or exceed customer service and operational excellence objectives.
- Determine and manage the department budget and provide support and guidance related to airport expenditures and budgets.
- Provide effective leadership, support, and development of the department employees, including performance management, coaching, training, motivation, and discipline.
- Develop and submit timely and accurate reports. Manage the department toward achievement of budgeted revenue, net operating income, & profitability targets. Enact corrective measures when unexpected costs or reduced revenues occur.
- Support air service development efforts, which include development of initiatives to align the Airport with business community stakeholder needs, while building solid business cases for local businesses to use the Airport.
- Oversee assigned business continuity and emergency management responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain computerized customer and prospect databases.
- Develop and present commercial business development presentations.
- Manage frequent trade show coordination and preparation including attendance at various overnight/out of town events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, and Ability)
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: airport management, business administration, public administration, real estate, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years’ work experience in the practice of commercial business development, real estate development, or sales preferably in an airport environment.
- Strong background in economic development a plus.
- Demonstrated customer service capabilities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and web searches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; capability for analytical thinking, dynamic presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strategic and tactical thinker.
- Skilled in utilizing social media to accomplish business goals.
Departmental staff currently totals approximately 1 FTE position.
Valid SC Driver’s Licenses
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand – Moderate physical effort required. Moderate to heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), carrying, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, stooping and kneeling requirements necessary up to 20% of the time. Sitting required 80% of the time.
- Mental and or Visual Demands- Mental and visual demands vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to monitor work flow and respond efficiently.
- Travel – Frequent overnight/out of town travel required.
- Attentiveness to work procedures will reduce potential risk of minor injury in certain work areas.
- Exposed to normal office environment and limited industrial environment.
- Accidents unlikely outside of minor injury such as abrasions, cuts, or bruises.
Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US - 29651)