Take a Virtual Tour into MIT Reality!
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Position: Manager in Training Program (Facilities Management/Support Services)
Unique opportunities for highly talented, motivated individuals that will take on managerial assignments in operational areas like: Environmental Services Management Laundry and Linen Services Management Patient Transportation Management Ground Maintenance Management
MIT Program Overview:
The Manager in Training (MIT) program is an entry level program that helps participants drive their career with Compass Group. The MIT platform is designed with a blend of operational experiences, new manager and leadership skills taught through distance, self-directed, hands on and live classroom learning. This creates a robust learning opportunity for participants to build the skills and knowledge needed to become a leader while developing a professional network and personal brand. Supporting the MIT participants are their program sponsors, training site managers and training site team. They are there to guide MITs, share best practices and provide support to help MIT’s develop into GREAT Compass managers! This program has three very specific program start dates; January, June and August of each year. When you start, you will be assigned to a temporary training location to complete the on-site/hands-on portion of your experience. Upon successful completion of the manager in training program, relocation within your assigned region is required to be considered for placement opportunities. NOTE: Placement or promotional opportunity to a full-time employment position upon completion of the MIT Program is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed.
Compass Group Participating Sectors:
Opportunities across the United States
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree received by August 2018 or any time prior
- 1 year of work experience or a related internship is preferred
- This is an entry-level position and no management experience is required
- Must be open to relocation during training and upon completion of the training program
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s license required for transportation related positions
- Should be flexible, adaptable and have ability to act quickly with little or no supervision
- Career-minded self-starter with a can-do attitude who desires to lead and inspire groups of people
- Demonstrates financial acumen including profit and loss management and inventory knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally before groups, clients and/or employees
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a changing work environment
- Possess an understanding of contract administration and client relations
- Basic knowledge of operating and maintenance instructions, safety regulations, codes and use of departmental policy and procedure manuals
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Requirements: Career Level Student ( Undergraduate/Graduate), Entry Level
Sector Crothall, Touchpoint, SSC, Morrison Community Living
Areas of Interest Facilities Management, Patient Transport, Housekeeping, Environmental Services, Laundry
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Locale United States (US)
Preferred Language English
About this company
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group North America is a family of companies building experiences for all of our customers. We serve award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US)