This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in developing skills in a high-demand industry. We promote from within and many of our supervisors began in this role. We offer competitive variable pay based on productivity, growth opportunities, and a full benefits package available after completion of the probationary period.
- Research outstanding claims balances using online research via insurance company portals, and telephone calls to organizations regarding claims status.
- Professionally communicate with insurance resources by website, e-mail, telephone, and customer service departments, etc.
- Take initiative to utilize and apply industry knowledge to resolve outstanding claims
- Accurately document progress of each claim throughout cycle
- Remain open-minded to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and personal accountability for productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, AS or BA preferred
- At least 1 year in a medical office or billing and coding
- Must possess knowledge of insurance carrier billing and reimbursement, medical terminology, ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT codes
- Ability to work independently while understanding the importance of team work
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Must have predictable and consistent attendance
- Professional demeanor and attitude; ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with basic mathematical concepts
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)