Recruiting Solutions is seeking CNC Router Programmers for a manufacturing company located in Columbia, South Carolina.SUMMARYThe Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Programmer inputs detailed instructions into a computer system that guides the CNC machine to perform precision machining jobs; sets-up, runs and adjusts all CNC machines and tools to perform machine operations and meet quality requirements. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and makes edits to programs to run and operate CNC machines by means of using models, prints and files
- Maintains and adjusts all CNC machines and tools
- Communicates with supervisors and peers to provide information by telephone, in writing, e-mail or in person
- Uses computer to enter records, track time and quantity
- Implements quality control by conducting tests and inspections of products and processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Responsible for machine maintenance, housekeeping of work area and safe work habits
- Monitors processes and makes programming changes that will allow process to produce an acceptable part
- Sets controls to regulate machining or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Runs secondary equipment such as band saws, routers and drill presses
- Aligns and secures fixtures
- Monitors the feeds and speeds of machines during machining process
- Follows Lockout/Tag Out and all other OSHA requirements
- Remains alert to problems with equipment to anticipate problems
- Sets-up and runs production needs across CNC machines; takes ownership of jobs ensuring quality
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments, such as micrometers and calipers
- Drives forklift to transport material.
- Performs job duties of a Warehouse Worker when needed
- Proficient in Alpha Cam
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to operate forklifts, recognize and distinguish colors, can interpret fractions and decimals and can read a tape measure and calipers. Job requires upper body strength (skill) to lift 70 pounds of product to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; must have Surfcam training.LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; must be able to measure parts using devices such as calipers, cmm, faro arm, height stands and tape measure.REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must have a valid Forklift License. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)