Description Robert Half Finance is looking for a Staff Accountant for a full-time opportunity with a reputable company. As Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will also be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will lend your skills to developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This position is very complex as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Located in the Atlanta, Georgia area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
What you get to do every single day
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
- Assemble journal entries and thorough account reconciliations that include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
For immediate consideration email [email protected] Requirements - Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Solid understanding of QuickBooks
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Certified Public Accounting license or exams in progress
- NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, and ADP skills
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- At least 3+ years of Accounting experience
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
For immediate consideration email [email protected] Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 844.539.2523 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Buckhead, GA (US)