Description Accountemps is looking to hire a skilled Accounting Clerk for an expanding organization. The primary tasks of the Accounting Clerk will be assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R), matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and general forms of data entry. If you are innovative and motivated, get your career moving in the right direction in a dynamic team environment. This is a short term temporary employment based in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
What you get to do every day
- Assemble statements and reports that require utilization of an array of sources
- Classify documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- General accounting and administration assistance: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Settle discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Contribute to Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
- Submit financial figures to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Help Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing Requirements - AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail are critical
- Outstanding data entry skills
- Entry-level considered
- Proficient in Excel and SAP
- Accounts payable experience desired
- Deep understanding of consumer collections
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- 2+ years of relevant experience Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Buckhead, GA (US)