Description Robert Half Finance is searching for an energetic Controller to join a reputable services company. This leadership role oversees a small accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff. Working with this company, you will receive competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as strong career growth. We want to hear from you if you can motivate others with your positive professional attitude; are honest, reliable and a leader; and can provide outstanding client services by managing self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in your team. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Marietta, Georgia region.
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Work closely with COO, executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings collections, and payroll
- Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis Requirements - Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as a Controller preferred
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Project accountability onto self and others for ensuring that results are achieved
- Strong technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Implement and enforce high standards for quality deliverables
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 844.539.2523 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Buckhead, GA (US)