The Assembler III is located in the Antenna Products Value Stream and assembles and/or modifies moderately complex electronic and mechanical components, subassemblies and systems.
- Assembles, modifies, reworks and repairs electrical components, assemblies, subassemblies and moderately complex modules by interpreting process sheets, technical drawing package or other specifications.
- Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
- Verifies producibility of products during the first piece process.
- Preparation of parts by bonding, sealing, and honing (sanding, and grit blasting) for further assembly.
- Performs hand solder operations in compliance with military and/or Company standards at all stages of assembly including rework operations.
- Performs tasks of lower level assembler job description as needed. May cross-train other assembly positions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- 4 years’ experience working as an assembler.
- 4 years’ soldering experience (JStandard)
- Ably to interpret and understand instructions on process sheets, prints or route cards and technical drawings (i.e. ECO’s, parts lists and PRN’s).
- Ability to use hand tools (cutter, pliers, forming tools, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Ability to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to identify, form and mount components
- Ability to prep, crimp and set-up tools for conductors
- US Citizenship
- Assembly experience in a defense contractor, aerospace, or the military.
- Soldering experience should be current; current JCERT preferable
- Must achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards and perform basic hand soldering tasks.