APPLICANTS MAY APPLY IN PERSON AT: 5585 CAMERON ROAD CAMERON, SC 29030 or apply online at: www.blattnerenergy.com
Ground mounted systems will be assembled and installed for this project, this will involve material handling, carrying material, assembling and installing the material as well as keeping a clean, safe work area and other labor related responsibilities. Operators duties will be unloading, loading material and moving it to designated work areas.
Education Requirements: Math skills usually obtained through the completion of high school diploma or equivalency.
Experience: 2 years of construction experience and previous assembly experience in the solar industry preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Assembling the racking and solar array.
- Trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly.
- Operate general carpentry and hand-tools, i.e. drills, tape measure, power saws (circular, sawsall, Band saw, etc.).
- Working with basic materials; e.g. stanchions, racking equipment, modules.
- Keep accurate records of Lot numbers, Model numbers, Serial numbers, and tracks labor and material usage.
- Identify non-conforming material and elements.
- Perform in-process inspection of materials to assure conformance with specifications.
- Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including housekeeping practices and participate in EHS meetings. Proactively communicate and address safety concerns.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Work and cooperate well on a team so team objectives are met.
- Follow instructions and asks questions when not clear on what is expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and fractions, algebra, and basic high school geometry.
- Ability to accurately measure work in process (WIP) and finished goods in inches or centimeters
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform frequent lifting and bending motions. Manual dexterity is needed when manipulating materials to conform to spiral configurations.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs. throughout assigned workday.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor and use job related hand tools.
- Able to work in extreme environments (in the rain, hot sun, crawl spaces & attics).
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
- Self-motivated, and team & customer oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires frequent standing, walking, lifting/carrying (up to 50 pounds frequently, up to 100 pounds occasionally) pushing, reaching, handling, use of fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, bending, twisting, and climbing. Occasional balancing and rarely requires sitting; continuous balancing required climbing platforms and ladders and in other aspects of the job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.