Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out! Converting Supervisor (2nd) Shift - Augusta, GA
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Converting Supervisor
at its Augusta, GA
Corrugated Box Manufacturing Facility. The ideal candidates will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. This opportunity would be on2ndshift (3pm-11pm) and would have approximately8-10 hourly direct reports.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
- Ensuring all employees are working in a safe manner.
- Exemplifying and advancing the application of MBM® (Market Based Management).
- Ensuring quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
- Ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
- Tracking continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Strictly adhering to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
- Identifying repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
- Planning, assigning and directing work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
If you are not familiar with the Corrugated Industry, check out these videos: Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made Georgia-Pacific: Corrugated
What You Will Need:
Basic Qualifications: High School diploma or GED Experience working with converting equipment ie Flexo Converting Machine; Die cut machine At leasttwo (2) years of experience in a supervisory or lead role in the corrugated packaging industry Availability to work shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed Experience with computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead?
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, engineering, or related field At least five (5) years of experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment Experience working in a unionized environment Experience working with KIWI application
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We’re part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there’s a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life’s simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf