Responsibilities* Provide care for a patient who has dementia
* Provide companionship for client safety
* Remind client to take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation
* Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and remind client to perform physical therapy exercises.
* Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
* Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
* Give confidence to patient that she is safe with you in her home
* Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
* Offer activities that are essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary.
Qualifications* Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
* Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
* Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
* Ability to provide love and stability to a confused client with dementia
* Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends
* Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year)
* Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
* Supportive and compassionate * High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
* Take pride in providing high quality care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Lenoir, NC (28645)