Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
- The Sheet Metal Worker is responsible for performing sheet metal repairs and modifications to all aircraft serviced at the facility. This position will research and develop repair schemes utilizing blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins and other technical publications.
- Fabricates and installs interior aircraft accessories such as avionics shelves, flight phone holders, avionics component racks, etc.
- Fabricates and installs exterior antenna doublers and repairs existing as necessary.
- Fabricates and installs instrument panels. Repairs instrument panels as necessary.
- Fabricates and installs cockpit trim panels as related to avionics component installation.
- Perform RVSM fuselage inspections on various aircraft.
- Installs Service Bulletin kits utilizing parts and instructions provided by OEM.
- Document all work accomplished (a.k.a. “sign-off”) in a clear, concise and accurate manner. Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directives as required. Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company practices and procedures.
- Plans and develops schemes for sheet metal repairs and/or modifications by utilizing blueprints, sketches, Service Bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders or other technical publications.
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments to accomplish sheet metal repairs or modifications, (i.e., micrometers, calipers, surface plates, protractors, combination squares, etc.)
- Complies with all safety practices and participates in facility general housekeeping efforts.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- Minimum of three (3) years business aviation sheet metal experience required.
- Sheetmetal training preferred. This training may take the form of military training or technical school training.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven track-record of showing positive “team-building” skills.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and power tools, including precision measurement tools (micrometers, calipers, protractors, etc.).
- Prior experience with operating sheet metal machinery to fabricate units with complex contours and multiple angles.
- Demonstrated experience in knowing how to calculate, bend and perform roll allowances.
- High school degree or GED equivalent required.
We are currently offering:
.50 per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check,
Plus a $100.00 longevity bonus every 30 Days!
Aviation Personnel offers great benefits like: “Per Diem” on straight and over time, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Plus we have Travel and Retention on all of our openings as well.
Please, give us a call @ 866-614-2840.
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.
Salary Range: - Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: 2191