The Utility Operator position is an entry level position with opportunities for advancement as openings occur. Utility Operators are responsible for operating small equipment (skid steer, forklift, front end loader), using tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines. They also work in various departments in the mill to assist in meeting production goals. By demonstrating team work and the ability to learn, Utility Operators support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization. If you thrive on working in fast-paced environment and can make quick safety-conscious decisions, this may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Strong regard for personal safety and the safety of othersMaintaining high standards for housekeeping
- Recognizing and communicating issues with equipment performance and processes to ensure appropriate corrective measures are applied
- Learning various work processes to understand how they lead to increased productivity and reduced waste of usable product
- Cleaning saw dust around machines with various tools to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Effectively communicating process information or feedback with team members, maintenance, and/or management that will enable them to troubleshoot equipment safely and effectively
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least six (6) monthsof experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, military, construction, or warehouse environment or working with production equipment
- Experience operating a forklift
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead?
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing, industrial, military, construction, or warehouse environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf