Would you like to work for a company that gives you the opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge while putting your experience to use? If this sounds like your ideal job, then we have a great opportunity for you at our Savannah River Mill!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions and making machine adjustments
- Executing basic maintenance on equipment, e.g. lubrication and low-level predictive maintenance rounds
- Assisting mechanics with equipment changeovers
- Performing general housekeeping duties
- Performing product testing and quality control
- Operating mobile equipment
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of one (1) year operating machines in a manufacturing environment OR a minimum of one (1) year of maintenance experience
- Willing and able to work a rotating twelve (12) hour shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, and climbing for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 50 lbs.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing or maintenance environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world’s largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf