The Logistics Instructor instructs technicians in a variety of areas to include but not limited to logistics management and supply chain process. Facilitate both classroom and hands on training for assigned personnel and act as a subject matter expert in the field of logistics management, supply chain process.Principal Accountabilities
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
Knowledge & Skills
- Facilitate classroom instruction for assigned personnel as directed by the Training Manager.
- Deliver training modules in the areas of aircraft maintenance and logistics management.
- Work with course development specialist to create a sound training curriculum that utilizes both formal Instruction and on the job training.
- Provide guidance on supply related issues for technicians to include stock control, receipt and storage of materials.
- Coach and correct performance issues on the job in order to facilitate learning.
- Develop and support initiatives that continuously improve the performance quality of the customer and service of the Training Department.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Knowledge and understanding of the Instructional System Development (ISD) process through formal training.
- Must possess knowledge of training techniques, methods of instruction, learning processes, training curriculum development, training evaluations and training support systems/procedures.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to facilitate and present course material of a technical nature.
- Strong comfort level with public speaking.
- Ability to create and adjust presentations to enable learning.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of aircraft maintenance/logistics and supply chain management.
- Ability to create an environment fit for learning and have a positive regard for others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Must have specialized knowledge of storage/warehouse plans and must be able to make assignments and provide instructions on work to be done.
- Must have ability to use automated equipment such as optical readers, scanners, and computer keyboards to enter and extract data.
- Must effectively maintain integrity and accuracy of database information through accurate input and efficient operation of automated equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree, preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in facilitating classroom and on the job training for military or technical students.
- Experience in military logistics job specialty or equivalent civilian job experience.
- Graduate of an accredited instructor/teacher training course is mandatory.
Must be able to work, kneel, bend, and stoop.Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.The working environment may be remote, confined and isolated, and travel in the local area may be very restricted.
Must be able to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere or inhospitable high stress environments, and work with minimal direct supervision. Job Requirements:
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #:
Location/Region: Bath, SC (US)