Lumber Production Operator- Prosperity, SC
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Lumber Production Operators
for our lumber mill in Prosperity, SC. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter. As a utility worker in the lumber mill, you will be responsible for operating small equipment and using tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You will also help support machine operators and learn how to operate production equipment including automated saws, scanners, bundlers and associated transfer and handling equipment. If you thrive on working in a fast-paced, team environment with on-going learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly in order to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training on our equipment and filling in for other operators as needed
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Performing routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to ensure machine reliability
What You Will Need:
Basic Qualifications: A minimum of six (6) month’s work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment OR six (6) months of mechanical technical schooling or training Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50 lbs Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf