Construction Superintendent - Locations throughout Southeast U.S.
Brad Cole Construction is a Georgia based Heavy Civil Construction and Sitework expert that currently has projects throughout the states of NC, FL, GA, AL, MS and SC, and Southeastern region. The Superintendent will work under general supervision of the General Superintendent and Vice President of Construction through whom work assignments are made in terms of objectives to be accomplished and his delegated responsibilities and authorities.Company offers competitive salary, out-of-town accommodations, and out-of-town daily per diem.
START DATE: ASAP
This position is responsible for managing day-to-day onsite operations for individual construction projects from Pre-Construction through the Close-Out Phase. This includes but is not limited to, procuring, scheduling and directing of work crews, equipment, subcontractors and materials. Individual must be able to construct projects in accordance with construction designs, plans and specifications. Must have the ability to read blueprints and ensure that the project is being constructed in accordance within project guidelines, on schedule and within budget.
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
- Review and understand proposals, estimates, plans, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements.
- Understand construction drawings, specifications, permits and layouts.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Estimators, Regional Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager and Corporate Division Managers on project management.
- Complete accountability for onsite operations of specific construction projects from the Pre-Construction Phase to the Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase.
- Manage multiple subcontractors and their time schedules. Maintain continual communications with Customer, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Work with engineers, environmental teams, owners, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Follow and enforce all applicable safety precautions and programs.
- Must understand OSHA requirements in the construction industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new approaches to problems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain initiative to meet and exceed the project construction schedule.
- Work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
- Sustain interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness, truthfulness and confidence, both internally and externally.
- Complete projects and/or reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain Company information in a confidential manner.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment.
- Listen and analyze information presented, as well as communicate information and ideas through effective speaking and writing.
- Manage and coordinate multiple tasks as required on projects.
- Maintain scheduling tasks to meet deadlines
- Listen to and understand information presented through spoken words and sentences, as well as communicates information and ideas through effective speaking and writing.
- Use electronic equipment such as computer, radios, and cell phone for communication to others as required.
- Travel and work at locations of construction projects as required.
- Sit, walk and/or stand for 8+ hours a day as the position is primarily located in a field setting.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and balance occasionally. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside, in all types of environments and weather.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- This position requires working in the outdoor environment
- Must be able to work extended hours, over 40 per week, as required.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night, holidays and/or weekends may be required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of construction management experience is required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional credits or degree would be a plus.
- Must be able to operate heavy construction equipment. CDL is a plus.
- Must have OSHA 30 Certification or the ability to acquire.
- Experience in site grading/heavy construction; including mass excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported materials, utility construction.
- Landfill construction or operation experience is preferred.
- Coal Combustion Product Management is a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Utilization of computer programs such as Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read engineered drawings and blueprints.
- Must be able to read grade stakes and use a level.
* Qualified candidates throughout the Southeast U.S. will be considered *
Keywords: field superintendent, site superintendent, construction superintendent, project superintendent, traveling superintendent, construction manager, site manager, field manager, field supervisor, construction supervisor
Location/Region: Charlotte, NC