At Visiting Angels - Catawba Valley, we strive to make every client a client for life.
Happy caregivers make happy clients, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated.
Every employee is absolutely critical to our success.
Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from us through the years.
We are looking for day, night, and weekend Caregivers to support our team in helping Seniors stay in their homes.
Benefits* Flexible Scheduling * Paid Training
* Bonus Program * Overtime pay (time and a half)
* Free Teledoc services for Caregivers and their families
Responsibilities* Provide personal hygiene assistance for elderly patients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating.
* Remind clients to take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation
* Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
* Plan and prepare meals and help with predetermined physical therapy exercises.
* Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
* Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
* Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
* Offer activities that are essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary.
Qualifications* Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
* Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
* Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
* Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
* Available to work different shifts * Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year) a plus
* Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
* Supportive and compassionate * High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
* Take pride in providing high quality care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Morganton, NC (28655)