The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy is looking for an experienced, honest, reliable, hard-working Assistant Director with a passion for working with children of all ages. With guidance from the Center Director, he/she will lead a team of teachers and support staff to accomplish administrative, educational, operational, financial, and logistical functions in accordance with state licensing regulations and The Sunshine House operating policies.
We are looking for candidates who have the potential to grow in our company and who want to make a difference in their community!
The ideal candidate for this position has an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education (other degrees considered), two to five years of experience in a licensed childcare facility, and meets all state requirements for early childhood teaching positions. In addition, he/she must meet the physical requirements of the job and have proficient computer skills with a wide variety of business-related software programs.
- Oversee the implementation of The Sunshine House Brain-Based Learning and Creative Curriculum including the ability to provide developmentally appropriate play and classroom environments.
- Perform administrative duties, including financial feasibility (accounting, budget, and cost control), enrollment and tours; maintain staff and child files, state licensing maintenance, and regulation/policy compliance.
- Maintain accurate accounting of the center tuition daily/weekly and generate reports according to company guidelines.
- Meet with parents, staff, and administration to facilitate students' developmental goals and excellent customer service.
- Communicate with the Center Director and the appropriate corporate team members concerning personnel matters as needed.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff (i.e. administrators, teachers, and support staff).
- Provide staff opportunities to obtain professional development and training.
- Maintain state training requirements.
- Adhere to The Sunshine House Health and Safety procedures to ensure the health and safety of children, parents, and staff.
- Market the program in the community and work with local childcare organizations and local community officials.
- Plan and prepare balanced nutritious meals, according to guidelines.
- Drive a multi-function bus/van in a safe and responsible manner.
- Communicate with children on their level (stoop and bend).
- Function in any capacity needed within the child care facility.
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid training
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
- Childcare discounts
- 401K retirement package
- Employee perks & discount program
- Must pass criminal and fingerprint background check.
- Degree (or minimum coursework) in Early Childhood Education.
- Two to five years' experience in a licensed child care facility.
- Meet all state qualifications for classroom teaching positions.
- Proficient computer skills in a variety of business related programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to evaluate and solve problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of all current state and local regulations.
- Hold a valid driver's license and be able to transport children in a company bus.
- Able to see, hear, and react to emergencies within 50 feet in 15 seconds or less.
- Must be able to stand on feet, bend, stoop, and squat at least 95% of the day.
- Must be 21 years of age.
The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy is one of the largest childcare and early education companies in North America. We've been educating young children for more than 40 years, and we'd love to have you join our team of more than 2,000 professional educators and caregivers! Apply today!
Location/Region: Summerville, SC (US)