SCHOOL DISTRICT OF NEWBERRY COUNTY
Teacher Recruitment Fair
School District of Newberry County
Saturday, February 2, 2019
9:00 am — 11:00 am
Mid-Carolina High School Gymnasium
377 Cy Schumpert Road
Prosperity, SC 29127
Opportunity to Meet with Principals/Directors
No Pre-Registration Required
Have Online Application with District on Applicant Tracking
Under general supervision assists students in learning subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. Reports to the school Principal.
- Cooperates in developing a program of continuous progress consistent with District goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of pupils.
- Keeps abreast of changes in District policies and students' needs and interests.
- Establishes clear and appropriate objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required. Analyzes the progress of individual students on a regular basis and seeks appropriate assistance as needed.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of pupils.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers and evaluates their performance. Provides adequate plans for substitute teachers and evaluates their performance.
- Seeks the cooperation and assistance of parents through oral or written communication and/or home visits.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by state or federal law, District policies, and administrative regulations.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to properly care for all property, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and board policies.
- Is punctual and responsible in performing all duties and activities as assigned.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life, conduct and behavior in a fair and just manner.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an on-going program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Participates in school or District staff development programs as assigned by the Principal or Superintendent.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on staff committees as requested, and accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular or other activities as assigned by the Principal or Superintendent.
- Recognizes and follows the appropriate procedures in the "chain of command" as designated by board policies and/or administrative procedures.
- Presents a positive image of Newbery County School District Schools at all times.
- Willingly performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Education and experience as required by state certification authorities.
Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school District which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position. Knowledge in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activities which stimulate learning. Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained. Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities. Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems. Knowledge of the materials and information which must be prepared for classroom instructional activities.
Ability to provide instruction to students through explanation, demonstration and/or supervised practice. Ability to supervise students and maintain order in various classroom and instructional activities and situations. Ability to operate general office equipment in the performance of daily activities. Ability to prepare lesson plans, tests, and instructional materials for classroom activities. Ability to identify student adjustment and/or academic problems, provide counseling and/or recommend appropriate remedial action to parents. Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents, District staff, and all other groups involved in the activities of the job.
Conducts duties in a classroom environment with some exposure to environmental conditions. Requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention and working with students. Physical demands are restricted to classroom work requiring the lifting/moving of items weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional local travel is required; no overnight travel is required. Job requires the operation of standard office equipment.
- Responsible for classroom materials and supplies budget.
- Supervises students in classroom.
- Supervises instructional aides and volunteers as assigned.
This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required.
Location/Region: Newberry, SC