ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We provide specialized "turn-key" solutions in contract furniture as well as cabinet and counter tops across niche real estate sectors such as student housing, senior housing, and hospitality. We are a rapidly-growing upstart seeded by the investment of a group of outside investors who collectively deliver in excess $1 billion in real estate projects per year. We are headquartered in the college town of Athens, Georgia where our creative energies and service-focused model unite to put us on an ambitious growth path.
Over our two year history, sales and marketing efforts have been driven by existing members of management but have continued to grow robustly and have now necessitated the hiring of an executive resource to oversee the day-to-day sales and marketing requirements of the organization.
We are seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing to develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy with a primary focus on the contract furniture segment and a secondary focus on the cabinets/counter top segment of the business. The individual in this position will be very market-facing and will be required to harness his/her strategic, entrepreneurial, and analytical business development skills to drive sales growth. The individual will be a key member of the executive team and will oversee task-based teams and projects across departments who will collaborate with the individual to help execute on the sales and marketing strategies that are developed. This candidate will report directly to the CEO.
- Create a go-to-market plan (including budget) to drive sales, profitability, and market share
- Develop standard operating procedures for sales and marketing efforts across the organization
- Select and implement an off-the-shelf CRM solution
- Build relationships with customers and industry partners
- Refine current analytical models (Excel) to consistently assess profitability of proposals
- Develop and manage an integrated market strategy including trade shows, advertising, catalogs, digital strategies (email campaigns, website, SEO, etc.)
- Provide leadership in the Voice of the Customer program to harness feedback with the goal of continuous improvement
- Liaise with 3rd party manufacturers under select dealership programs
- Liaise with key third party vendors (installers, logistics, etc.) to monitor pricing trends in order to provide accurate and timely bids
- Design and implement affiliate/referral programs among vendor relationships
- Collaborate with sourcing, design, and procurement teams to help continuously improve product offerings
- Lead market research and competitive analyses by monitoring and analyzing trends of key industry competitors
- Mentoring of young staff including summer research interns
- Travel 30-40% on average with the need to potentially be able to travel on short notice
- Job to be located in Athens, GA (Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of sales experience in contract furniture with a demonstrated track record of success
- Experience within construction, hospitality, or multifamily industry preferably with a focus in student housing and/or senior housing
- Bachelors degree from accredited university
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills, analytical capabilities, and self-motivation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant technical tools
Job includes a full benefits program including 401k, health care, dental care, vision, paid PTO etc. Company offers family and collegial work environment ("Taco Tuesday" team lunches, pet-friendly Fridays, casual work environment).
Commensurate with experience and ability to drive profits. Generous base salary with attractive with attractive bonus for on target earnings (OTE) and a very generous Stretch Plan for exceeding OTE.
To apply please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and any other questions you may have regarding the position.