Connected Technologies is looking for an Access Control Field Installer/ Technician.
Access Control – IP Networks, Proximity, RFID Readers, Proximity Readers using Cards and KeyFobs
We are currently looking for Installers and Technicians for one or both of the systems listed above.
Access Control Technicians to install, setup and configure IP systems, along with Control/Power Panel and/or IP based Access Control systems.
This is a full-time position. Must be able to travel out of town 3-5 days a week for 40+ weeks per year. Weekend travel is occasionally required and is compensated.
We provide all tools and transportation is provided for out of town travel. MUST have a valid driver's license (and ability to drive), reliable transportation for in town work, and pass background check/driving record check.
This is a physical job, so you must be able to:
· The employee must be able to climb and use a ladder, scaffolding, etc
· The employee must be able to do work above shoulder height and do overhead work (including while on a ladder)
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65-70 pounds.
· Employee must be able to bend, lift, twist, pull, squat and kneel.
· Employee must be able to stand in one position and walk for extended periods of time (4-6 hours per day).
· Employee must be able to see, talk, and hear.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas.
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
- Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax)
- Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
- Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
- Perform other duties as needs arise.
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Maintain a satisfactory compliance with customer.
- Punctual to work and appointments
- You must be comfortable around construction sites.
- Read wiring diagrams and systems blue prints to assure proper and safe installation
- Mount low voltage electrical devices & panels
- Run and install wires per manufacturer specifications and code
- Perform some self-training to complete quality installations
- Perform on-site troubleshooting when necessary to complete the job
- Assure that all installation requirements are met
- Work efficiently and utilize resources to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
- Keep job site clean, organized, professional, and safe at all time
· This is a drug free workplace. Ability to pass drug screening mandatory.
- Company partially funded Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Vacation
Pay is dependent on knowledge and experience. For immediate consideration, please email your resume.