This person will work as a member of the tool room team providing tool making expertise to solve problems, make improvements and to maintain molds and secondary equipment.
- Use toolmaking expertise to complete preventative maintenance on Blow molds, Injection molds and Secondary Automation Equipment.
- Repair and modify molds, extrusion tooling and secondary equipment as required.
- Trouble shoots and determines solutions to solve technical issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Work on continuous improvement projects.
- Build gages, fixtures, machine parts, fails safe devices to improve quality and machine performance.
- Provide support to Project management to prepare for new product launches.
- Instruct Apprentices in correct toolmaking practices.
- As assigned by the supervisor or manager, must be licensed and certified to drive a forklift within Mergon Corporation.
Mergon Group is a leading supplier of innovative plastic blow molded and injection molded products to world class customers in the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors. The Group has manufacturing operations in the US, Ireland and the Czech Republic. Mergon offers a competitive benefit package, growing work environment and opportunity for advancement. Mergon has been awarded multiple new projects in our automotive production area, and has a need to fill this new position.