AN IMMEDIATE DIRECT-HIRE!
This position is responsible for the direction and coordination of activities relating to the planning, procurement, controlling, and distribution of materials and products meeting the company’s objectives and customer requirements. He / She will supervise the scheduling process internally and externally while working closely with the Production Manager to support their manufacturing requirements and by ensuring on time delivery. This individual will also plan, schedule and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing site specific policies, operating procedures, and goals pertaining to maintaining or exceeding customer quality requirements
- Leads the Materials team and serves as the management representative for materials department related matters.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of logistical and scheduling personnel engaged in receiving, storing, shipping, scheduling production and delivering supplies and equipment
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product
- Develops and implements program activities, coordinates efforts of subcontractors, production departments, and field service personnel, and resolves problems in the area of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the plant
- Responsible for production schedules, make decisions concerning inventory and staffing, while communicating with Production department and Plant Manager.
- Participates in the continuing exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, pricing, continuity and delivery
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change orders
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity
- Ensure correct shipments of international orders and hazardous material orders
- In concert with Human Resources, provides Materials department related training for employees in the Materials department.
- Participates in ISO/TS-16949 initiatives for the plant
- Participates in the APQP and PPAP process
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Leads a small group of subordinates to meet the overall goals of the Materials department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
- 5 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be self-motivated and possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (namely Excel).
- Customer relations experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior 5S and SAP training / experience is preferred.
• Medical and dental insurance
• Employer-paid life insurance
• Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary coverage options
• 401(k) plan with company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US)